Parents are Part of the Team!
You are super important to your child’s education – more than any teacher or school. Your involvement shows your child how important he or she is, how important education is to you and that you and the school are a team.
- Share information about your child to the school.
- Judge whether your child’s needs are being met.
- Be sure to look over progress reports and ask questions if you don’t understand.
- Make learning fun. Help your child build language, reading and math skills during:
- Games – crosswords, dot to dot, word games, etc.
- Outings – help your child read signs while shopping
- Trips – ask your child to read and tell you about where you are going: count license plates from different states, read maps and road signs, study the history of your vacation stop, etc.
The Parent Portal is a new on-line service offered to parents and guardians in Polk County. The service will bring together into one single web page all of that individual child’s information. Parents may attach more than one child for a single log-in account. Instead of visiting several different web sites, making telephone calls or visiting the school to access records or information, the parent may access them all from any internet-connected computer.
There is one secret PIN number for each parent/guardian for each child. You will be able to obtain the PIN number by going to the assigned school of your child and requesting this information. The parent/guardian must provide photo identification and must be on the child’s emergency card in order to receive the PIN number.