Media Specialist: Tracey Robbins
Media Center Hours 9:00am to 4:00pm
Our Scholastic Book Fair was a great success! Thank you to all who supported our school and purchased some terrific new books!
Below, please find the 2016-2017 SSYRA titles! Happy Reading! Book Club will begin soon-keep an eye out for our kickoff!
Students-Please take your survey below! This will help us to improve your MMS Media Center! Thank you!
Search Engines for Students
Ask.com – Questions and Answers
Kids Click – Web search for kids by librarians
Yahoolagins! – The web guide for kids!
Net Trekker – Online resources, aligned with state standards
Internet Public Library & Librarians’ Internet Index – Merges the collections of resources from the IPL and LII websites
- The Center For Comprehensive School Reform and Improvement – Links to school improvement ideas in Assessment, At-Risk, Curriculum, Instruction, Math, Professional Development, Safe and Drug-Free, School-to-Work, Science, Technology and more.
- U.S. Department of Education – U.S. Department of Educations’ home page. “Promoting educational excellence for all.”
- SPARS Reports: NCLB School Public Accountability Report – “This report meets the public reporting requirements of the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act and includes certain additional information of interest on the status of Florida’s schools.”
- Sunshine State Standards: InTech 2000 Forum – The Florida Instructional Technology Resource Center (ITRC) at UCF created this website to direct educators to resources that may be valuable in helping students attain the Sunshine State Standards.
- Facebook Guide of Understanding: It’s designed to help you understand what Facebook is and how to use it safely. With it, you will be better informed and able to communicate effectively with young Facebook users in your life. That’s important because 1) if something goes wrong, we want our children to come to us and 2) as the Internet becomes increasingly social and mobile, a parent’s guidance and support are ever more key to young people’s well-being in social media and technology.