Homework Help Files:
Parents are Part of the Team!
You are super important to your child’s education – more than any teacher or school. Your involvement shows your child how important he or she is, how important education is to you and that you and the school are a team.
- Share information about your child to the school.
- Judge whether your child’s needs are being met.
- Be sure to look over progress reports and ask questions if you don’t understand.
- Make learning fun. Help your child build language, reading and math skills during:
- Games – crosswords, dot to dot, word games, etc.
- Outings – help your child read signs while shopping
- Trips – ask your child to read and tell you about where you are going: count license plates from different states, read maps and road signs, study the history of your vacation stop, etc.